Friday, November 13, 2015

Inspirational post by Helen


Today is my turn to show you some inspiration. Since Christmas is nearing I went for a Christmas card, but not a regular one.


I have started with a Dutch Doobadoo Shape art sheet and a piece of kraft cardstock.
The sheets are plastic and you just draw the size you want with pencil and then cut it with scissors. Then I did the same with the design paper.



I ended up with two sizes of kraft and two sizes of design paper. Also a piece of ribbon, a sentiment and the coloured digi is waiting to be combined into a card.



I guess this is the way I want to put my card together.



Of course we need some embellishments as well; here I am checking what is necessary to finish off my card. Some wood en some dies is what I will use.




Before I put my card together I work on all the edges of the kraft, design paper and around the image with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink and I use a dauber to do so (no dirty fingers here hihi).

I use tacky glue to glue all papers together.



And all this leads to this Christmas card with the lovely digi "Christmas giraffe".



Some close-ups of the card:








Used material:
  • Digi Christmas giraffe
  • Joy Kraft 21x14,8
  • Dutch Doobadoo Shape art mal Bulge
  • DP Marianne Design Eline's woodland Christmas
  • Lea'bilities holly leaves & pine branches
  • Derwents
  • Stickles Chrystal
  • Dutch Doobadoo label art A4 Christmas white
  • Craft Emotion - wooden snowflake
  • Papermania pastel brad
  • Crispy ribbon green
  • Memento ink Bamboo leaves
  • Daubers
  • Tacky glue
Hope you like my inspiration.

Regards, Helen


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Helen. Cutting out all your shapes from a template is true crafting and you're certainly skilled with your scissors. That giraffe is really cute. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. heel mooi Helen en goed beschreven :)
    groetjes Ine

    ReplyDelete