Thursday, June 23, 2016

Summer Celebration

Hi Everyone! I'm terribly sorry about the length of time I it has been since I blogged last. I was in the Hospital on a ventilator for several weeks due to some medical complications. I'm home now and trying my best to get back in the swing of things. I currently have a tracheotomy in place and once the swelling goes down in my throat they will remove it and I will be back to normal. I have found it a bit challenging to do my painting and coloring due to some shaking that has developed from the medications I'm taking but I'm not giving up!

I have a card I recently made using an image from Cute As A Button. It's one of my favorites because it captures the feeling of summer and all the celebrations that come with it. I hope you enjoy my card! This would be a great image to use for a 4th of July Picnic, or a Family Reunion Invitations.








I used Prisma Colored Pencils to color the image. The beach sand and sky were done using TH Distress inks and a mini inker. The watermelon has Glossy Accents to give it a wet shiny look. I used a 6 x 6 card base and TH distress ink to give the edges of the card and background paper some depth and detail. I used a Regal Die Set and  Stitched Circle Die set to cut out the image. All of the Patriotic Stars are from a set I picked up at the Dollar Store last year. She is so much fun to color and has so many different uses how can you resist!?!

I hope you are inspired to create something fun and to get out and enjoy the summer! Hugz

2 comments: